-ing Word Family Activities

I wanted to share my activities with you for practicing the -ing Word Family.  I love my King of -ing template.  I hope you do as well!

Cut and Paste Craft
There are 2 different types of crafts included in my -ing Word Family packet.  The first is a cut and paste craft.  These take a little more time for the teacher because they must be printed on construction paper.  They also take students a little longer as they require cutting and gluing.  But oh my goodness at how adorable once they are completed!  The King is pictured below holding the -ing Word Family reader.  This reader comes with 11 pictures for cutting and pasting to the correct page of the reader.
I didn't include a picture, but there are also 2 print and go king templates.  The kings just need to be printed and the students simply color them.

Word Family Posters
There are 2 posters included.  There is a color version and a black and white.  The color version is great to hang up in the classroom, and I love the black and white because students can color and keep their own poster.

Write the Room
There are 12 Write the Room cards included.  I love Write the Room activities because it is such a great way to incorporate movement into learning.  This lesson gives students an opportunity to get up and move around the classroom as they learn.  If you have a set of clipboards, I love to let my students walk around the room and record the words as they find them onto their recording sheet.  The cards can also be used during small group, literacy centers/stations or even placed in a sensory bin.
There are also 3 printable sheets included for students to either draw a picture using an -ing word or to draw and write in a sentence.

To see everything that is included, please click here.

No comments

Post a Comment