Hey, Little Ant Craft

Today we read "Hey, Little Ant". 


This is one of my favorite books to read during Spring.  If you have not read it before it is a really cute story in which a boy is going to step on an ant, but then the ant begins talking to the boy.  The ant tries to make the boy see things from his perspective.  The story ends with the boys shoe raised above the ant and the author asks the reader the question of what would you do?

After reading this story, I had my students write about whether they would step on the ant or let him go.  They completed an ant craft also.  The students chose whether they wanted to make a red or black ant.

Here is a look at how some of them turned out:

I only had one student that said yes, he would step on the ant.  He wrote, "Yes, I will squish the ant because the ant is mean".

I loved this one because she drew a shoe raised above the ant just like how the book ended.  She wrote, "I will not squish the ant because that will kill the ant".

This child wrote, "I am not killing ants because it will bite me back and the other ants will bite me too".

"I would not squish the ant because he might bight me".

This is all of them together:

If you would like to grab this craft from my store, just click on the picture below.

This product has a few options of how you can use it.
*You can have students respond to "Hey, Little Ant".
*Your students can complete the craft and then record a fact they have learned about ants.
*Your students can write about why they are "ant"sy for summer.  You can see where my students did this one year by clicking here.

5 comments

  1. I love using this book! I really like the activity that you have created to accompany it!
    Emily
    scheinbere@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pests such as rats, ants, cockroaches, mice and flies are common in houses and apartments. bugs that look like termites with wings

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is smarter to keep them from entering your offices than disposing of them after serious harms are finished.
    commercial pest proofing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog web site on google and check a couple of of your early posts. Proceed to maintain up the superb operate. I simply further up your RSS feed to my MSN Information Reader. Looking for forward to studying extra from you in a while!… https://royalcbd.com/product/cbd-oil-250mg/

    ReplyDelete