Wordless Wednesday~ Word Wall

I am linking up with Christina from 2nd Grade Sugar and Spice for Wordless Wednesday.


Today I went to my school and worked on my new Word Wall.  At my school, we teach 80 words to our Kinder students.  Last year, I posted all 80 words on the wall underneath the alphabet at the beginning of the school year.  I also had the children's names posted as well.  It was too overwhelming.  We never even referred to the word wall.  This year, I have used 12X12 cardstock to create a Word Wall that is separate from our main alphabet, if that makes sense.  I plan to add our new words as we learn them.  I hope we get much more use of the Word Wall this way.

If you would like to see my Word Wall packet in my store that comes with the "Word Wall" banner, alphabet labels, 80 pre-made sight word cards, and additional sight word cards, just click on the picture below.


My question for you is do you use a word wall?  And if so, what have you found that works for you?

1 comment

  1. Up until this week my word wall was sorted alphabetically by first letter, but at my school we teach coloured word lists (first set is called Golden Words) which is part of a program called Magic Words. So now my word wall is colour-coded and grouped by the coloured list. It has been used far more this week than ever before!

    Jemima
    Luck's Little Learners

    ReplyDelete