August Calendar

This year I am trying something different for our Calendar time.  In the past I have used different methods to teach Calendar skills.  I have taught Calendar by using the Smart Board.  I have also used interactive Calendar Notebooks.  Last year we had a strict copy limit so I was unable to use a printable calendar with my students.  This year I anticipate us having a copy limit again so I decided to change the way I teach my Calendar time.

My mom had an old board that she did not need.  So I took it and decorated an August Calendar.


I bought the actual calendar at a school supply store for only a couple dollars.  The August banner and calendar cards are available in my TPT store for only $1.  I made this Calendar simple for my students since this is their first month as Kindergarteners.  The calendar cards practice an AB pattern of bus, school, bus, school.  We will work on the code date, discuss the weather for the day, and keep a count of how many days we have been in school.  I like that the code date will be posted for the entire day because during writing time, I always have my students label their work with the numerical date.  As the school year progresses, the calendar will introduce new learning concepts each month.  What kind of things do you practice during calendar time?

No comments

Post a Comment