Pages

Friday, March 21, 2014

Finishing Up Saint Patrick's Day

I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to share five things from my week.


This week we completed Saint Patrick's Day themed stations. 

Count the Gold: 


Students practiced counting in a rectangular array and then recorded the answer.

Count by 10s: 


Students chose a card and counted each shamrock by 10.

Rainbow Equations:


My students are getting much better at adding and subtracting, but I wanted to see if they could complete the equations correctly if the two skills were mixed together.  So I made simple addition and subtraction facts within 5.

Match the Illustration to the Story:
This was very simple for my students.  They all got this activity correct.  It is a skill that was on their report card so I went ahead and made this to see if they would be able to do it.

Sight Word Search:
After reading the poem together several times, I gave my students markers and allowed them to practice circling the sight words we knew within the poem.


To see my St. Patrick's Day Unit and more, click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment