Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

Finally Friday!

I am so glad it is Friday!  I don't know why but this week has wiped me out!  I am on my second round of medicine to try to clear up an ear infection, so maybe that's why I feel so exhausted!

I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to share five highlights from my week.  Of course they will all be Apples Themed!

Today we finally wrapped up our Apples Unit.  Here is a look at some of the things we did this week.

We practiced our sight words by unscrambling them.  My kids cut the bottom portion out and glued them under the scrambled word.  They did a really great job with this!


They completed another sight words activity in which they had to color apples by sight word.  

They LOVE Playdoh, so I created this page to practice building the word "am".

We have been learning about Apples for 2 weeks, so we have a lot of knowledge by now.  We completed this writing as a whole group.  I wrote on chart paper, and the students used clipboards to hold their paper while they sat on the rug to copy.  We came up with ideas such as "Apples have stems, leaves, a core, and seeds.  Apples make pies, muffins, juice and cider, and Apples are delicious, nutritious, sour and sweet.


And lastly, the students completed a cut and paste activity in which they had to order numbers 1-20.
All of these activities can be found in my Apples Mini Unit.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!  I still haven't decided which Unit I would like to begin next week?  What are your kids learning about?

0 comments:

Post a Comment