Just wanted to let you know about a HUGE giveaway that can be found if you hop on over to Katie Orr's blog. She is hosting a huge giveaway for reaching 100 Followers on Teachers Pay Teachers. Here is what you could win:
One of my products, Teen Number Fun, can be found in this giveaway. Hurry on over because the winner will be announced tomorrow!!
I am married!! I married Eric Black on Saturday, June 22nd at 2:00 PM. We were married at Antioch Baptist. This is the church I have attended my whole life.
This is a picture of me and my girls chillin' before the wedding. We have all been friends since elementary school. From left to right, are Heidi, Sally and Lauren. They are the best!
This picture was taken during the ceremony. It is of me and Eric with our Preacher.
The next two pictures were taken after the wedding. The first one is of Eric and me with my mom and dad and my brother Travis and his wife, Shelley. The second picture is of our entire wedding party.
This picture is of us leaving the church. Eric's family decorated the truck. The toilet paper and sign didn't last long at all. It blew everywhere. The bows and writing lasted forever! They stayed on the whole trip to Tennessee. It is amazing how many people honked the horn and waved at us! We had to clean the inside also. There were rose petals everywhere! :)
For our honeymoon we went to Tennessee. Our first night we stayed in a hotel in Pigeon Forge. The next morning we woke up and ate breakfast and then went to a Wax Museum. Here are a few pictures from the Wax Museum.
Eric with Pamela Anderson, Frankenstein and Eric, Tales from the Crypt and Eric and me and Scream
After the Wax Museum, we went and toured the Titanic Museum.
It was also a lot of fun, but we weren't allowed to take pictures.
We stayed Sunday through Wednesday in the "Chocolate Moose". It was the cutest and most cozy little cabin ever! We LOVED it!
We did a lot of good eating on our trip! As you can see there are a lot of pancakes! I tried the butterscotch... awesome! The chocolate chip were great also. Some other places we ate at included Bennet's Barbecue, Texas Roadhouse (all time fave), Big Daddy's Pizzeria, Dairy Queen, and a pancake house every morning.
We also went to Dollywood while in Tennessee. We had a lot of fun walking around and riding the rides. It seems kinda strange to be married! But it is so much fun! :)
I created a packet to practice reading and writing sight words. There are 79 words in this packet. Students look at the word and then practice writing the word using the lines provided. To prepare this packet, all you have to do is print and laminate and then have some dry erase markers available.
1. First, I am so, sooo sad! :( My laptop has finally kicked the bucket. :( This morning I turned it on to do some work, and the screen lights up and it acts like it is trying to come on, but, nothing... Just gray/black screen.... so.. so... sad. I will survive, hopefully! Perhaps, it can even be fixed. I have tried everything I know... taking the battery out, unplugging it, etc, but all I get is the black/gray... I really will be okay... maybe! :) Right now I am using my old laptop from college... this thing is 9 years old, but hey, it still works!!
2. I will go ahead an apologize for not having pictures. I PROMISE my future posts will make up for it!! :) The reason I can't post pictures is because everything I've worked on this week has been wedding related, so I can't post the pictures until after the wedding! Eight more days!! So here's what I've been up to...
3. I had Bridal Pictures taken last Saturday. I was so worried that I wasn't going to be able to have them at all because it has rained SO much lately, BUT the weather turned out fine! Except for the fact that the pictures were taken outside and I about sweated to death! I actually just got them back today and they turned out pretty good! :)
4. I have ran to Hobby Lobby probably every day. It's ridiculous. Eric and I are doing a Picture Table at the reception... pictures of us growing up, with friends and family, with each other, and some of my bridal shots. I have went to Hobby Lobby as well as every other store I know looking for picture frames. Hobby Lobby, Kohls, Belk and Marshalls had really cute ones! At least our house will be decorated cute with all the pictures after the wedding!
5. Sometimes I have a hard time getting rid of clothes or shoes... even if I don't ever wear them, I'm afraid I may need them one day. But this week I actually threw away a few pairs of shoes that were just pitiful and I bagged up some clothes that I feel look too young for me to give away. Anyways I am proud of myself because I cleaned out room for Eric to be able to move in! AND, the best news!!!! I found a 50 dollar bill! Woohoo!! We saved it to use on the honeymoon!!
That's it! My 5 highlights of the week (without pictures) :(. I promise next time will be better! :)
I LOVE warm weather! Summer is my favorite season. I also LOVE the beach! However, my fiance is more of a neverwearshorts kinda guy. We've been dating for over 2 years and I have only seen him in shorts one time... we were at the lake and he had on swim trunks. He also never wears flip flops. More of a jeans and boots kind of man. I say all of this to say that when we go on our honeymoon (just 8 days away), we will not be going to the beach... But it's okay, we will have fun in the mountains!
When I do go to the beach, I don't have to take a lot with me to be happy.
Sometimes I take snacks with me. And sometimes the hotel is close enough by that I will just get up and go grab a snack. I prefer something salty... pretzels, chips, cheez-its... I tell myself they are healthier than desserts/chocolate! :) I also need plenty of water!
Another item I need is a towel. I'm a lay in the sand kinda girl! I never use a chair... always a towel!
ChapStick is a MUST. I cannot stand for my lips to be dry. Getting in and out of the water calls for bringing the ChapStick!
And lastly, the main item that I would take with me to the beach is my iPhone.
As long as I have my phone I can stay entertained. I use my phone for everything... checking emails, texting, listening to music, reading, keeping an eye on the time, taking pictures, the list goes on.
Go link up and share a few of your favorite things for the Beach or Pool!
We did these activities in the Fall when the kids weren't used to tallying. So this Packet includes practice with tally marks. The kids look at the number on the White House and then record the tallies on their recording sheet.
There are 10 different White Houses, with numbers 1-10. All you need to do to prepare is to print them onto different colors.
The kids grab a White House and then color their recording sheet the corresponding color and tally correctly.
There is also an activity in which you can choose 4 words you would like to have the kids practice. You can use the words I have included or come up with your own. Copy the words onto the larger pictures and then hide them around the room. The kids take their recording sheet and search for the words and then record them. The first one to finish correctly is the winner!
This is a mini packet of some of the activities we did.
Here are some of the literacy activities.
This station includes larger raccoons that can be copied onto 8 different colors of paper. I hide the raccoons around the room and then the students all take their recording sheet and crayons and race around the room to find the hidden words and color them the correct color. The first student to finish coloring the raccoons correctly is the winner!
This station comes with a larger owl, raccoon, skunk and fox. I have included words to practice, "no, yes, lots, one", however, it is super easy to change and make your own words to practice if you would like to practice a different set of words. All you have to do is write them or type the words, cut them out and glue them to the larger animals. The kids choose an animal and then write the correct word under the animal twice.
At this station, I pair the kids with a partner and they take turns using a spinner. They can land on "lots, no yes" or "one". Each partner has a recording sheet. After they spin they can either color the correct word or use a bingo marker. The first player to fill up the entire recording sheet is the winner!
The Nocturnal Packet also has some Math Practice.
There is an activitiy to practice patterning.
The kids look at the patterns on the animals and then continue the patterns on their recording sheet.
There is an activity for the students to cut and paste whether the animals are nocturnal or not.
And lastly, their is an activity to practice Owl Addition. There are 8 large owls with dots on both wings. All you have to do is run the 8 owls on different colors of paper. The students take turns selecting an owl and then writing the addition problem on his/her recording sheet.
For this owl, the student would write 3+3=6.
To see more of the Nocturnal Animals Packet click here.
First day out of school has been so busy! I ran so many errands today... I had to deposit some checks at the bank that Eric and I got from our showers. I took a couple things back to Belk that we got too many of and traded them for some salad plates, which we did not get. I ran to David's Bridal to buy a necklace to go with my dress. My mom and I went to finish a few plans up with the lady who is making the wedding cake. Rehearsal invitations were mailed. Thank you cards finished!! And I still had time to work on a little something for the classroom. I get tired of how things look in the room after a while, so I created some new Bee Themed Shape Posters.
Here is a couple of activities that we did this year, to learn the words "big" and "little". I taught these 2 words while we were learning about Goldilocks and the Three Bears. The first activity is an emergent reader.
The kids read the sentence and look at the picture to decide if they need to write the word "big" or "little". They looked at the bears first.
I also created a Spin and Graph game that can be used during a literacy station to practice the words. I pair two kids together and allow them to spin using a pencil and a paperclip. Whatever word they land on they write on their recording sheet. The first player to fill a column to the top is the winner!